Saturday, July 11, 2009

Glyphs, glyphs, glyphs!


Hey there! I'm back again with the post I promised; my scribe! I've been figuring out what works for me and doesn't the past two weeks or so, and I'm hoping I'll be able to improve profits even further, although I'm not exactly disappointed with the income.

My biggest problem are undercutters. There are only a couple that really ruin my profits, but they have a lot of free time and are on quite often, so I have to dodge them as best as I can. Without them hindering my sales, I'm certain I would have sold twice as much as I have.





As I mentioned in my last post, Friday is the most lucrative day for me as far as inscription goes. Here's what my analyst window looks like from yesterday:










The reason my auctions posted to auctions sold ratio is so high is that Analyst does not discriminate between items posted and items canceled and reposted, so when I cancel to undercut it counts that as an additional auction posted.

I craft 1-3 of each glyph, depending upon their sales price and history, and put anything up on the AH that is above a threshold. That threshold depends on the price of ink of the sea for that day, and how much I've been paying for adder's tongue. I need to make sure every glyph I make is profit, and this is how I do so.

If you are a crafter and you are using the default blizzard crafting frame, I suggest you download one of these AddOns:

Skillet or ATSW. Both are excellent AddOns, though I prefer the former for some minor differences. I would also suggest that you download LilSparky's Workshop. This AddOn allows you to view the market price and value of the reagents you are using for each recipe in your crafting window. LilSparky has, for the time being, taken over development of Skillet, so LilSparky's Workshop works well with it, though he still manages compatibility with other AddOns. Take a look at both and see which you like more. Just make sure that if you download Skillet that you do so at the site I linked.

People seem to think that if a Glyph is bad by most player's standards that it won't sell. This simply isn't true; first of all, people like to try all types of different glyphs to see which ones they like more, and not everyone is a pro and can differentiate between what is 'good' and what is 'bad'. Second of all, people buy glyphs while leveling up and sometimes that is either their best option, or the glyph that they simply like more during that period. It doesn't really matter since they're leveling, so they figure they might as well go with what they like. Sell by market prices and sales history and you should always make gold. If one particular glyph doesn't sell well, stop making it!

Meanwhile things have slowed down significantly on Rifampin's server, and I'm still looking for more sales ideas, so feel free to throw in a suggestion and I'll let you know how it works. I'm also brainstorming for my own ideas, and I have a few (we'll get to that), but I've been a bit busy with raiding on my main's server so I haven't gotten to exercise them.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll see you guys next time! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers