Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another (disappointing) slow down.


Hey guys, here with another update regarding my progress. I have two things to mention before we get started, though. Number 1, I'm sorry for the infrequent updates. This still hasn't become a habitual process for me and so sometimes I drop the ball. I'll get better, I promise : P I'd also like to apologize for not accepting your comments; I was under the impression that they would send an e-mail notification when I received one, but apparently that's not the case. It's fixed now, so no worries for the future. My gold spread is 1900g in coin, 730g on the auction house, and about 230g worth of items waiting to be sold.

My analyst window is not from just today; it's the breakdown of about the last three or four days. As you can see, I've sold most of what I post. I maintain a low amount of auctions per market to circumvent flooding issues, which serves the dual-purpose of allowing me to undercut the undercutters. For ore and herbs, I'll generally throw up 3-4 stacks of 20, and up to 12 stacks of 5 per market. For cloth, I'll usually put up 6-8 stacks in any given market.

When I first started this blog I did not expect to advance this quickly. I have never broken 2Kg on a new character and am very pleased with my progress. I'm telling you, if any of you have any difficulty with making gold, especially on a new server, you should really start reading some of the blogs available. They have helped me enormously and I know they can do the same for you.

I've recently been trying to decide what to dive into next. With my current resource pool my income is capped. There is only so much ore, herbs, and cloth to purchase and resell. I need a new market! Eternals fluctuate quite a bit on this server and I haven't really figured a pattern out yet, so I'm still reluctant to invest much there. I have managed to make some from eternal fire, though. If any of you have suggestions I'd be glad to hear you out and give them a try. I can always update you on how they worked for me in my next post. I would have more options available if I had a crafter, like netherweave bags, eternal belt buckles, gems, glyphs, armor patches, enchanting scrolls, and much more. Unfortunately, though, my scope is relatively limited.

My scribe has been having a lot of trouble with undercutters. There is one person in question who parks himself in a major city all day, logs in quite frequently (every hour or two), and routinely undercuts my auctions by a couple of silver. The best way I've been able to combat this is by adding him to my main's friend's list, and 15-20 minutes after he logs out, logging into my scribe and cancel/undercut him once more. Unfortunately he can do the same thing, and some of the time I just have to bite the bullet and either fight him tooth and nail, or give up and come back later. I still make a pretty hefty income from inscription, but I'm certain that I could make more if I didn't have him to worry about. Do any of you have a similar issue? How have you solved your problem? I have considered compromising with him, and if this continues it seems to be my only option.

I'd like to show all of the barkers out there a neat AddOn that could help with their advertising needs. Advertiser is quite customizable and will automatically advertise your tradeskill(s) whenever you are in a major city. I currently do not use it for inscription since my trading is done solely on the auction house, but once I level my jewelcrafting I'll be sure to have this enabled.

I've decided, in an attempt to provide more content, to introduce my scribe into the mix of things. My next post will be sooner than the last has been, and will cover his current pool of glyphs to choose from, and my progress this week (using analyst to display the data.)

I appreciate all of the kind comments and I promise that I'll be better about updating in the future. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers