Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Analyst and more...


Hello again! I've got an update on Rifampin's progress, and hopefully more frequent updates now that I'm less busy and more motivated to continue! For reference I'm up to 420g in coin, 260g worth of bag items, and 560g worth of items on the AH.











As you can see, I've bought myself some stylish clothing to match my new-found wealth. I've always enjoyed outfitting my bank alts with the tuxedo sets, as it brings a distinguished look to my character. Hopefully I'll be able to come across a monocle soon to complete the set!

Anyway, I've been buying and selling the same 'ol items. Mithril ore, adamantite ore, individual saronite and cobalt bars, and small radiant shards have all been pretty decent sellers. I came across a huge deal the other day; a stack of 15 titanium bars for 150g which I sold individually for 19.8g or so a piece. I also sold two stacks of five for a bit less than that per bar, providing a 100g profit or so. Not bad for one purchase. If you look closely you can usually come across deals like this once or twice per week because sellers can be quite careless.

I'd like to talk about an AddOn that I use to track my economic actions, called Anaylst. It's a neat AddOn that allows you to view information like gold gained, gold spent, auctions posted, and auctions sold. You can download it from here. I will be posting daily updates at night with my analyst window for the day from now on. Here is my first one, totaled for the week:































As you can see, I have a net gain of about 400g (total gold gained - total gold spent) for this week. I've spent the excess on auctions that are posted now, and items in my inventory that I am waiting to sell. You should really pick up this AddOn, or another one similar to it (there are a few; check curse) to track your expenses. It'll truly come in handy.

I've also purchased 4 netherweave bags for space, since I was getting tired of running back and forth. The next step is purchasing all of my bank slots and outfitting that with netherweave bags. Space is incredibly important, as it saves time and allows you to stockpile goods that will sell for a greater amount at a later date, easily paying for itself and then some over time.

I think Markco at JM2C mentioned this in a recent post, but I'd like to reiterate for posterity. You can make a lot of money simply by purchasing stacks of a particular item and then selling the individual items for a highly marked up price. I do this with saronite bars; I buy them at about 35g per stack or lower, and sell them for 4.5g per, for a profit of 55g when they all sell. It takes a little while, but it's supplemental income that you should be making!

Anyway, as I've been busy with a few things lately (and have been lazy, oops) I haven't had much more of a planned post, but in the future I'll try and work out what I'm going to write in advance (which will include theory posts and the like), so stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers